That we are talking at the best time as far as Industrial Revolution is concerned, we need to adapt to expectations from all of us. Yes we are in Industry 4.0. India especially has a skewed mix of contradictory and old and new system of Education, especially primary and secondary education.
Innovation and change is a requirement. I suggest a total revamping of Education System and focus on treating children as resource of the country like soil, metal in the mines or raw materials. They are the most important entity in India but are not treated well. They are to be treated with respect. Are they educated for production or collaboration or they are just made to pass time to somehow find a job to live life. CONTRIBUTION from any one can only be expected if we we train them that way. If the time is changing how can Education system remain the same. If we want our children to contribute we need to teach them the following:
- skills to solve problems fast: Use of Vedic Mathematics
- Critical Thinking: Discussion and Exposure based learning and comprehensive thinking.
- Use of cognitive creativity which is built in all of us.
- Understanding and managing people early with Collaborative Team work
- Emotional and Social Intelligence apart from IQ
- Yoga for spiritual understanding & fitness & flexibility
- A thorough understanding of each life and its fitment in the value chain
- Developing self esteem and confidence
- Giving exposure to the Advancing world in detail
- Exposure to all Technical know-how to work in cyber-physical system
Living in this time of history where every individual has active contribution and interaction and collaboration is the key with all information exchanges online and almost instantaneous is very hard. Progressing in this era is an interplay of multi-dimensional and inter-dependent factors. The Cyber Physical system taking care of each Industry operation will demand a different Education system now than what is presently being delivered. We need to train our young brains to be multi talented and fast and tech-savvy. Can we design this system? Have we even begun thinking on it? Who will do it?