One’s success in Career is dependent on the actual effort and focus put on the task in mind and the interest we proactively take in its completion and that too consistently for long. This introspection has to be done in chosen directions, some of which are listed below:
- Self Qualification: Good Career prospect is possible in one area only when that is the area of best performance in one’s life. One therefore must introspect and review all that one has learnt and examine his/her thoughts about where one wants to ultimately go and what path you should he/she take. One should spend sufficient time in filling the skill gap to pursue the chosen career path, through formal education, an internship or guided self study.
- The Place of work: The company where one seeks or plans to get employed has to be thoroughly researched and aspects of business, its turnover, methodology, product range, its geographical presence, employee set and its work culture has to be internalised.
- Clarity of Change of course: Incase one is not happy with his /her performance or utilisation of his/her capabilities, one should pen down the reasons for changing job direction and again be clear about the chosen path. Putting pen to paper forces one to clarify his/her thinking and in getting the project off the thought platform. After Specifying one’s professional goals one must redraft his/her CV to suit the new arena.
- Acquire right guidance: No. of guidelines exist online. The shortlisted career options must come under acute Research. We will play a very very important role here.
- Learning to be realistic and expressive with enthusiasm: After understanding self one should Talk to decision makers and employees in firms one is willing to work for. Reach out via contacts or references, recruitment agencies, social media or email. One should treat every opportunity as a practice in selling yourself.
- Risk taking capability & Financial planning: Difference between the Cash flows that you control and those that control your life define your risk taking ability. It also tests one’s endurance to the decision taken and tenacity to withstand reality.
- Self Confidence: Confidence on self plays a big role.